Ready to get your National Intern Day plans started? This year, WayUp is providing a toolkit with graphics, sample social media posts and important resources for all companies who pledge to participate.
- Send company email to let your team know you have pledged
- Share badges and email signature banner with your whole company for them to use
- Update your company's Facebook cover photo & Twitter header
- Plan a company celebration to take place on 7/26
- Post on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Add the badge to your website or intern program landing page
What to email to your company:
Subj: We are celebrating!
Dear [insert name],
On July 26th we will join WayUp, the #1 job platform for college students and recent grads, to celebrate National Intern Day. The goal of this day is to recognize, empower and celebrate you and hardworking interns all over the country. By supporting this holiday as an organization, [inset company name] is sending a clear message to current and prospective interns that we value and appreciate their hard work.
[insert company name] is proud to be joining thousands of other companies in taking the official pledge to celebrate.
By taking the pledge, [insert company name] is simply agreeing to celebrate our interns on July 26th. We will also be eligible for the WayUp 100 list of Top Internship Programs.
how-to download & Save graphics:
- Click the image that you would like to download
- It will open a new browser window
- Right click and "Save Image As"
- Click "Save"
website badges & email signature banners
how-to upload an image to your email signature
Post these graphics with the suggested copy to let your audience know that you have pledged to participate in National Intern Day
Suggested copy: When it comes to celebrating our interns, we don’t mess around. We’ve joined @WayUp and took the pledge to celebrate on July 26th! #NationalInternDay
Suggested copy: We’ve joined @WayUp and took the pledge to celebrate on July 26th! #NationalInternDay
*Pro-tip: Tag @WayUp on your picture as well as in your caption!
Facebook Page Cover photo
*How-to mention someone in your LinkedIn post:
- Copy and paste the text above into your post
- Highlight "WayUp" and then type "@" and begin typing "WayUp". You'll see a list of potential people you can mention
- Click on WayUp's page
Day-of social media copy:
Use this copy on July 26th!
- We are proud to join @WayUp and thousands of other companies around the country celebrating their interns today. #NationalInternDay
- Hey @WayUp, check out how we are celebrating our interns on #NationalInternDay
- Today is #NationalInternDay and we are [insert how you are celebrating] . What are you doing?
- We are joining @WayUp in the celebration by [insert how you are celebrating your interns] #NationalInternDay
To save logo: Click image, Right click, Select "Save Image As", Save image to desktop
Day-of Social Media Tips
Recommended ideas for use on July 26, 2018
GO BIG! Don’t be shy about posting and sharing updates throughout the day. #NationalInternDay will be trending on social media, so include the hashtag to ensure your company is part of the larger conversation
Let one of your interns do a takeover on your company’s Instagram account
Have your internship program manager take over your company’s Instagram story
Go Live on Facebook and Instagram during your intern celebration to give your online community a behind-the-scenes look into your company culture
Send a company-wide email with a few words of gratitude and recognition about each intern. It will make them feel great to get receive a personal shout-out
Blog Topic Ideas
Write about how you recognize, empower and celebrate your interns on your organization’s blog or LinkedIn page. We suggest blog pieces run around 250 words and include photos, videos and hyperlinks
Inspire, motivate and connect with other companies by sharing your organization’s celebration plans
Write a “Day-in-the-life” feature on your intern class to give future interns a glimpse into your company
Header: We have pledged to celebrate in WayUp’s National Intern Day celebration
Message: On July 26th, we will join our friends at WayUp in celebrating interns all over America. Learn more at NationalInternDay.com
- National Intern Day (NID) is on the last Thursday of July each year
- WayUp created this holiday in 2017
- The official hashtag is #NationalInternDay
- WayUp's official website is www.wayup.com
- WayUp the #1 job platform for college students & recent grads